Sunday, May 4, 2008

As If She Didn't Have a Bazillion Things On Her Plate Already

My Mom started her own blog a few months ago, describing her life on Sanibel Island in Florida, and hers and my Dad's volunteer job with C.R.O.W. actually rescuing injured wildlife from dumpsters and bridges.

What a lot of folks don't realize is that one of her great loves is genealogy, the tracing of family trees. She has been doing our family for MANY years and has literally taken a couple of the lines back to the year 400. FOUR HUNDRED! (Have you heard of my great-gazillionth grandfather, Charlemagne? Well, he's probably your ancestor, too, cousin!)

In a late night epiphany, my Mom decided to start a new genealogy blog called Branches and Roots, where she will tell about our family, be a resource for others searching the same lines, and give help where she can.

This photo is of her parents on their wedding day in 1926. My grandmother, Opal, graduated from high school the very next day.

Why don't you head over to her new blog and check it out!

1 comment:

Snowbird said...

Aw shucks! Thanks though! I appreciate it.