Saturday, July 21, 2007

My Awesome Mother-In-Law


My Mother-In-Law rocks!

For our birthdays, she sent the hubbie and I away to the little town where my he proposed to me, to stay at a bed and breakfast for one lovely night while she stayed with all three kids.

Tonight she is at it again. As an early anniversary gift (August 5th, folks, write it down!) she has booked us into a very nice hotel here in San Diego where we can live it up (dining, jacuzzi, no one vomiting in the night) sans kids for one glorious night!

Michael had to work today (a Saturday!) so I am scurrying around trying to pack and organize everything so that its not a completely monumental task for her.

Last night when she got into town, Luka came down with the nasty bug we have slowly been passing around (Noah, then Erin, then Ethan, then me, and now Luka) and so he was vomiting all over the hotel room (Vera stayed there with Noah last night to get him used to being overnight with her in hopes she can take him on a trip someday soon).

We ordered up room service so as not to subject the diners in the restaurant to two sleepy kids and one vomiter (can I squeeze that word in any more?).

Tonight is our turn in the room. And in the Jacuzzi. And the restaurant. And along the docks. And on the balcony watching the sunset and the city lights...

...sigh...

Did I mention my Mother-in-Law rocks?

6 comments:

lola coca-cola said...

That is truly a blessing!!

Snowbird said...

So how did Mima do?? Boy, she sure has more nerve than I do!!! Way to go, Mima! You do rock.

Shama-Lama Mama said...

She did great! They were all fed and happy and napping when we came home just after noon this morning. She looked a bit frazzled, was in good spirits and was looking forward to going home for a rest, but she offered to do it again sometime!

Thanks again, Mima!

Snowbird said...

I am sooooo impressed. Bless your heart Mima. You are a saint!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, she rocks!

Thanks for stopping by my place. Good luck.;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, lucky you! I came here via your comment on my giveaway thingy...Love the name of your blog!