Friday, March 21, 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggedy-Jig

Well, we are back home, safe and sound. At least for the next seven days or so...

Hawaii was a blast. I figured getting photos up was going to be next to impossible because I didn't have the best setup to get photos off my camera, into my laptop and onto the blog, but I figured I could at least write a bit about our days.

The hotel's in-the-lobby wireless connection was sketchy to say the least. A lot of long waits for page loads ending in failures. A distinct lack of uploading short videos of our time there. So I eventually just gave up on the whole Internet/keeping-you-guys-in-the-loop thing, and just had a good time.

The first half was go-go-go and then I started taking y'alls advice about slowing down and relaxing. We saw volcanoes, went down into deep valleys, saw waterfalls, did the luau thing, hung on the beach, went snorkeling and took a real submarine ride! And *I* had a lovely massage, to boot!

The twins seemed very happy to see us, still well adjusted and seemed to make it through six days without us just unscathed, (although Ethan once brought the phone to Mima saying, "Daddy? Daddy?" and was rewarded with a little chat with Michael).

Now, I need to warn you... and I thank you, dear readers o' mine, for sticking with me through house-hunting, vacation planning, and then the actual vacation, while I write a few piddly posts here and there to keep you appeased and from running off and cheating on me with some other mama-blog... but I am going to continue to be sketchy about making blog posts for another 10 days or so while I pack up my house, move to the new house, try to unpack a little in the new house while simultaneously not being totally negligent to my children.

And I will try to work on that problem with the run on sentances, too.

I do have about a dozen little videos from my trip I had PLANNED to upload while I was there. Maybe I will appease you with one of those on a daily basis.

We shall see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home!!!!! Good luck with your packing. :)

Snowbird said...

Yay, you're home. I'm so glad you had a great time. Can't wait to hear all about it but I know that you have lots of other things to do right now. Mima did write a couple of emails to let us know how the twins were doing. Looks like Papa Gus did his fair share of work to. Way to go, Papa Gus. And M and M too.

Cindy said...

Welcome back! Have fun packing. I don't envy you. I guess I'll just have to sit here and keep waiting for those elusive photos from the land of paradise. *fingers tapping* ;)