Saturday, May 12, 2007

Wow... a blog! Me???

I'm not even really sure how blogs work...

I have looked at a few, and thought, "hey! this might be a good way to let my parents know what is going on with my life" since I seem to be so inept at calling them. And since the only time I have in the world to call them is when it is 3am where they are.

I keep thinking I don't even have time for a shower or a meal half the time, how could I possibly "blog"?? And am I enough of a geek to figure it all out on my own? But I figured I would give it a try after looking at a few other Mama's blogs and getting so inspired.

So, here it is...

I do not promise to amuse you or to entertain. I am not the witty one. That is Michael. I am the one who steals his funny lines and uses them as my own. He is the one who allows it, without letting others know he is the one who made up the joke.

I do not promise to be consistent. I may write everyday for a week and then once a month and then once a year. Who knows. I get interested in little projects many times, and then peter out on them. But I am hoping to let you all in on a bit of the family minutia that you all miss out on by not being IN our house every day. And to relieve the guilt of having moved far away from you all to this beautiful wonderland (San Diego) where we can live in sunshine and happiness.

I WILL try to share some pictures since it takes me so long to send them out via email. I WILL try to let you know some of the things the kids say or do that you would not know about otherwise, because I always forget those by the time I call any of you on the phone. I HOPE this is a good way to keep in touch with you all on a more regular basis... my friends, my family, my friends who are like family...

I WILL probably write a few posts before I let anyone know this blog exists, just to get the hang of it, make sure I will write occasionally before I get all your hopes up and see if I can figure out the photo thing.

I hear there is a way to subscribe to this blog. Since I am such a newbie, I don't know if that means you will get emails when I update, or if you have to go and check it. Figure it out for yourself! (then let me know!)

So, as Lou Reed once said... It' the beginning of a great adventure!

-Karen-
****************************************************************

Lou Reed - Beginning Of A Great Adventure (snipped a bit...)

It might be great to have a kid that I could kick around
a little me to fill up with my thought
A little me or he or she to fill up with my dreams
a way of saying life is not a loss

I'd keep the tyke away from school and tutor him myself
keep him from the poison of crowd
But then again pristine isolation might not be the best idea
It's not good trying to immortalize yourself

Beginning Of A Great Adventure
Beginning Of A Great Adventure

I hope it's true what my wife said to me
I hope it's true what my wife said to me
Hey I hope it's true what my wife said to me
She says, baby, it's the Beginning of a Great Adventure
Baby, it's the Beginning of a Great Adventure

It might be fun to have a kid that I could kick around
create in my own image like a god
I'd raise my own pallbearers to carry me to my grave
and keep me company when I'm a wizened toothless clod

I hope it's true what my wife said to me
She says Lou,
it's the Beginning of a Great Adventure

No comments: